Gas line installation is a complex job that should only be handled by a professional. If you are building a new home, you will need to have a gas line installed to deliver natural gas to your appliances. If you are replacing an old gas line, you will need to have the old line removed and a new line installed.
Our Orland Park plumbers are trained to handle all types of gas line installations, including new construction, remodels, and replacements. We can help you determine the best location for your gas line and ensure that it is installed safely and efficiently.
When installing a new gas line, we will:
- Inspect your home to determine the best location for your gas line
- Obtain the necessary permits and approvals
- Install the gas line according to local building codes and regulations
- Test the gas line to ensure that it is working properly
If you have a gas leak, it is important to have it repaired as soon as possible. Gas leaks can be very dangerous and can cause serious injury or death. If you suspect that you have a gas leak, you should evacuate your home immediately and call 911. Once the gas leak has been repaired, you will need to have your gas line inspected to ensure that it is working properly and that there are no other leaks.
You may need to have your gas line repaired if:
- Gas Odor: A distinct rotten egg smell, indicating a potential gas leak.
- Hissing Sounds: Unusual noises coming from the gas line or connections.
- Increased Gas Bills: Sudden spikes in gas bills without a clear explanation.
- Dead or Dying Vegetation: Plants near the gas line may wither due to escaping gas.
- Visible Damage: Physical damage, corrosion, or rust on the gas line or fittings.
- Poor Appliance Performance: Gas-powered appliances may not function optimally.
- Fluctuating Gas Pressure: Inconsistent gas flow to appliances or burners.
- Age of Gas Lines: Older, deteriorating pipes may require maintenance or replacement.
- Previous Gas Leak History: If your property has a history of gas leaks, regular checks are crucial.
If you suspect a gas leak, immediately evacuate the premises and contact your gas utility provider or emergency services. Only a licensed professional should handle gas line repairs.
Need a local natural gas plumber in Orland Park? Call Trailblazer Plumbing at (815) 855-5085 now to request service!