There are several signs that indicate problems with drains and sewer lines. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Slow draining: If water is draining slowly from your sink, shower, bathtub, or toilet, it could be a sign of a clogged drain.
- Foul odors: If you notice a foul smell coming from your drains, the culprit could be a blockage in your sewer line.
- Gurgling sounds: If you hear gurgling sounds coming from your toilet or sink, air is trying to escape from a clog somewhere in your drain or sewer lines.
- Wet spots in your yard: If you notice wet spots in your yard, it could be a sign of a broken sewer line.
- Mold growth: If you notice mold growing around your drains, it could be a sign of a leaky pipe or a clog that needs to be taken care of.
- Multiple clogged drains: If multiple drains in your home are clogged at the same time, it could be a sign that your sewer line is damaged or completely clogged.
What is The Difference Between Drain & Sewer Services?
Drain services and sewer services both deal with managing wastewater, but they are different. Drain services usually focus on the pipes and systems that carry water from sinks, showers, and bathtubs in homes and buildings. They handle the water you use for everyday tasks.
On the other hand, sewer services deal with the larger pipes and systems that transport dirty water and waste from toilets and other sources to treatment facilities. So, drains handle clean water, while sewers manage the dirty stuff.
If you notice any of these signs, it's important to address the problem as soon as possible to prevent further damage to your plumbing system. Don't wait to contact a professional plumber from Trailblazer Plumbing to diagnose and fix the issue. Based locally in Lockport, we service a wide area including Joliet, Orland Park, and the surrounding areas of Lockport.
Does it seem like you're constantly dealing with slow drains? Does it take more than one flush to clear the toilet bowl, or do you frequently have sink or shower drains that take forever to empty? What about drains that gurgle, bubble, and smell terrible?
If the answer to any of these questions is “yes,” the problem may not just be a superficial drain clog. The problem may reside deeper in your sewer line.
Frequent clogs and/or multiple drain backups are a sign that there is a serious obstruction in your sewer line that needs to be cleared. These symptoms could also point to a cracked, crushed, or otherwise damaged sewer line that is impeding the free flow of water through the line. Don't delay in contacting a plumber to resolve this issue ASAP. The solution may be as simple as a hydro jetting service, or you may need to get a quote for sewer repairs.
If you suspect that your drain and/or sewer line needs attention, we can help. Call (815) 855-5085 now for service in Lockport or the surrounding areas of Lockport.